Hi - in my app I often need to write "journal...

Hi - in my app I often need to write “journal entries,” but predictive text on my iPhone does not seem to work in the AppSheet apps and it is very difficult to type correctly all the time on the phone keyboard. Is there a setting I can switch on for this, or is it a deficiency in the platform? Any help much appreciated. Even just spell check on text entries would be amazing.

0 9 512
9 REPLIES 9

May I ask in what way it’s not working?

It should work fine like any text entry. Appsheet uses your device preferences for calendar pickers and all of those types of items…

Here, you can see in this screenshot that my phone does not pull up any words when I am typing into a text field. It also doesn’t correct my spelling.

Harry2

@Helen_Skiba Hi Helen, could you check the device settings to see if spell-checking and autocomplete are enabled? Also, what is the iOS version of your device? Do spell-checking and autocomplete work with any other app other than AppSheet in your device?

Yes. Here are my settings. Spell check and autocorrection work on all my other apps, like email and messaging. Thanks. @Harry

Harry2

@Helen_Skiba Hi Helen, what iOS version are you using?

Adding @Brian_Sabino and @Gil_Littman_AppSheet to investigate.

@Harry Hi I’m using 11.2.6

@Helen_Skiba Fixed. You should have autoCorrect on fields of type Text, LongText and Name.

Nice one!

Top Labels in this Space