Hi Is it possible to add a virtual column whe...

Hi Is it possible to add a virtual column where you can actually enter a number and it would them be added to a table column? Originally I thought I could just do this with an action (which I would prefer) but I cant seem to do that either

0 3 383
3 REPLIES 3

No, your canโ€™t really interact with a virtual column like thatโ€ฆ It only does calculationsโ€ฆ

Why not use a physical column to gonna the valueโ€ฆ

Better yet, what are your trying to do, maybe I can help you out

@Grant_Stead Thanks for the reply. We manufacture a product that is using a QR code as a

key. However, we produce the product over the course of several days. I need a way to add quantities to the produced inventory to the same row. I wanted to avoid having employees edit the initial quantity. I also thought I could avoid adding more columns but I think that is probably the way to go. Perhaps adding just a day 1 quantity, day 2 quantity, etc and then slicing and paring it with an action for each row will do the trick

@Elijah_Magrane always create a second table that houses the inventoryโ€ฆ And total the quantities on the product tableโ€ฆ So every qty change is a new recordโ€ฆ This also letโ€™s you handle add and removeโ€ฆ And history on who did what

Top Labels in this Space