Hi Is there a way in which I could have users...

Hi Is there a way in which I could have users navigate from the main page to their town table by selecting state and town using dropdowns?

0 13 306
13 REPLIES 13

You are looking for a dependent dropdown for a table view and yes, itโ€™s possible if you group your table first with the state and then with town. You can find the grouping from table viewโ€™s definition.

So Ive managed to create a dependent dropdown view which has State and then town - I am unsure of how to make it then navigate to the towns individual data page from that point?

Yes you can do that with the format rule.

I can change colours but cannot decrease the font size

Sorryโ€ฆ I misread your question. I thought you were asking format rule. My mistake.

If your column structure (in the same table) contains State > Town > All the data, you donโ€™t need to open any other table because you are already in that data page.

But it doesnโ€™t. There are 323 towns - each with individual tables - i need customers to be able to navigate to these from a central position based on the town they need

What is your account ID and app name? I can take a quick check if itโ€™s okay for you.

Account Id: 678141 App Name: supercheapautostoreguide-678141

I have most recently been trying to get the towns individual view to load by using a behaviour - but that keeps resulting in a blank page. But either way would be fine

Could it be possible to create the app structure in a way that you would have only one table, not lot of tables you have now. If the table would have columns like ID, State, Town, Location, Item, etc., you could create a grouped view where the user could choose first the State from the list, then Town etc. Could that be possible?

I feel that would get very convoluted as every town also has different location breakdowns. Its okay though - pretty sure Ive sussed the way to do it using behaviours.

just one more quick question - is there a way to decrease the font size for buttons created by behaviours?

It shouldnโ€™t make any difficulties for the user because it will be a dependent menu. When they choose the town, it shows just one location with that name.

Top Labels in this Space