Hi. I've a form in which on of the field take...

Hi. I’ve a form in which on of the field takes Ref from another table as a list and displays them as a drop down for the user to select. I’ve added the following formula in ‘Valid_if’ so that the drop down contains only ‘Available’ devices.

Select(Devices[IMEI],[Status]=“Available”)

This is working fine for a new entry. However, when trying to edit an existing record, this field prompts as invalid as the status is changed to “Sold” during the initial entry. Can you please help me with this?

0 3 371
3 REPLIES 3

@Kranthi_Kumar

You can set a condition in your Valid_if expression to verify if it’s a new entry or you’re editing an existing record and list related IMEI values in the dropdown.

@Levent_KULACOGLU Thanks Levent. So basically put in a IF expression and see if the IMEi is already in the table or not and depending upon that put in valid expression?

@Kranthi_Kumar

You can use IF or IFS expression. The below expression will verify if the record is a new one or you’re editing an existing one.

=IN([KeyColumnName],TableName[KeyColumnName])

If this expression returns TRUE, this means that you’re editing an existing record, if it returns FALSE, than it’s a new record.

Top Labels in this Space