Hi, my app requires users to insert their par...

Hi, my app requires users to insert their participation’s fee for a competition via a menu. But everytime the same person click that particular menu, they will see the form again instead of the form eventhough they have already filled that form before. . How to display just the data only? tq

0 9 343
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @sumawa_quest, is it correct to assume that you wish to display the editable form to the user just once while she/he fills in and submits? Thereafter you just wish to show the filled form to the user in read only format?

Create two views, 1. Create a form view in menu, with SHOW_IF in true where no data has been introduced (you can do a COUNT on the participation’s fee table) 2. Create a slice, of the participation’s fee table, filtering rows by the user (it should get back just 1 row) 3. Create a detail view, with SHOW_IF when data exist in the participation table (again use COUNT function ) and set the source to the new slice) Hope it helps.

Yes @Suvrutt_Gurjar, i just want to display it as read only whenever they click that menu again.

Hi @sumawa_quest, Thank you for update. You may wish to explore the solution suggested by @Fernando_Lopez. I too had same solution in mind. Request you to make a read only slice for step 2 in Fernando’s solution.

Tq will try. Tq again

Tried but still confused with the syntax

In New View (UX), in the Show If I put ISBLANK({Email}) but just not working.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar Tq very much…

Hi @sumawa_quest, Please try with the following.

In the form view, please Show_if, please put expression, something similar to

COUNT(SELECT(Participant[Email],[Email]=USEREMAIL()))=0

Where “Partticipant” is the table name

In the Participant table’s read only slice , please put row filter condition as [Email]=USEREMAIL(). Please create a detail view from this slice for read only view.

Additionally based on your security needs, please explore putting expression [Email]=USEREMAIL() in the Security filter of the Participant table.

Hope this helps.

Top Labels in this Space