Hi my favorite geniuses! I have a virtual c...

Hi my favorite geniuses!

I have a virtual column which is the concatenate of a Date & Time… I only want that column to show up on the Deck view for that Table.

So im trying to find a Variable for the current view…

something like … ShowIf=[myCurrentView]=“Schedule” …

I looked on https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/workflow-sending-email/template-variables but cant find the right variable.

Any suggestions?

0 5 315
  • UX
5 REPLIES 5

Harry2

@David_Hopkins Hi David, I’m a bit confused. Are you trying to conditionally display the column in a deck view in the app, or are you trying to conditionally display the column in an email workflow template?

Harry2

@David_Hopkins If what you want is to display the column only in a certain deck view, I suggest using slices. You can use slices to hide the column for all other views except the deck view in question. At the moment, it is not possible to determine which view is being displayed using expressions.

@Harry I was looking more for displaying it in a certain view…

so… i have the Virtual Column but I dont need it displayed in the Detail view, but I want it displayed in the Deck view…

In this view, I have the date and time displayed for “quick view”… but I dont need that in the details because that view has the true Date and Time fields.

It’s not hurting having it there… i just think it looks sloppy.

Harry2

@David_Hopkins Hi David, you can set up a slice that does not include the virtual column, and then set this slice as the data source for the detail view.

@Harry Good Call!

#SOLVED

Top Labels in this Space