Hi, Please see picture below. I have develop...

Hi,

Please see picture below. I have developed the app I want to start using. But there is one thing I need to find out how to change before I start using the app.

When I go to one of the categories than I can see related products. In the list I can see Picture of product, Product name, Category where product belongs to and in the right side I can see number that shows amount of last shipping. In stead of that I will like to see number that shows current inventory for that product as i can see when I go to the product.

My question is: Where to change this??

Thanks in advance.

1 12 600
12 REPLIES 12

Take a look at the UX view definition for the related products (it will be called Products Inline or something like that if you choose to see the System Defined Views). Its type will be a Deck view. In the Data pane of the definition, one of the options is Summary Column. There, choose the inventory column instead of the default.

Hi,
Please forgive me I am completely new to all this, but loving every minute. I am trying to figure out the same thing. I am using the sample app " Inventory Management" and it is awesome. The only thing is when I go into one of the categories, in related products, it shows the amount of last shipping but I really need it to show current inventory.

I tried following praveenโ€™s instructions but just get lost.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

Hi @Foodture I have worked on some of the inventory apps but not this one unfortunately and I canโ€™t find that inline deck view to edit either. Hopefully, someone else will have an answer. I will check it again later when I have more time. @Peter

Hi @Foodture I cannot work out why the โ€œInventory Managementโ€ is not working. I made a new app from scratch and that works as expected. Have you tried any of the other inventory sample apps? If you still require assistance let me know . @petedykstra Do you know why we seem to be unable to edit the Categories> related products view ?

Hi @Lynn
I have look at other sample apps and this one really fits my needs except for the related products view. Building an app from scratch sounds a little above my skill set, as I am brand new to all this but I will give it a try. I was finally able to figure out and apply the steps that @praveen mentions in his post but it didnโ€™t change the view. Iโ€™m sure I am probably doing something wrong but I will keep trying.

Thank you so much for your help.

Hi @Foodture You are not doing anything wrong. I cannot change the view either. Have a look at the โ€œProduct Inventoryโ€ App in my portfolio. You can copy it and test it. You will be able to change the views. If you need any other features added let me know.

https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/129805

Wow! @Lynn
You are awesome!!! Thank you so much! I think I can make this work. I feel like I owe you a Starbucks or a bottle of wine. Something. Thank you again.

@Foodture No worries, let me know if you need any further help.

@Foodture @Lynn Looking into this, thanks for the heads-up. Iโ€™m not sure at first glance whatโ€™s going on with this sample app - thanks for sharing your portfolio, @Lynn!

Hi @Peter,
Do you think it can be fixed? I really appreciate @Lynn sharing her app with me but a lot of the other functionality doesnโ€™t really fit the way the sample โ€œInventory Managementโ€ app does. Sorry. I donโ€™t mean to sound like a whiner or unappreciative. I am very appreciative. Thank you both for listening.

Hi @Foodture I have added a bit more to my app. Was there anything in particular you need from the original? You can add all the same functions to your app. You can see how they are done in the original sample app.

Hi @Lynn ,
I really like the way the sample app works except for the โ€œRelated Productsโ€ showing โ€œShippedโ€ verses โ€œCurrent Inventoryโ€. You see, I am not very good at this. Iโ€™m an office manager for a small cookware company. I do all the ordering along with anything else that needs to be done. I have about 300 items that I have to track, on top of everything else that I do. Iโ€™m making this app in my spare time for me and the owner and to be honest, itโ€™s taken me a while just to get this far. But I know when itโ€™s done It will be a time saver. Thank you for everything but I really donโ€™t want to rebuild it.

I was hoping the sample app could be fixed so I could download it a drop my data in. @Peter

Top Labels in this Space