Hi, quite the newbie here. I am very confused...

Hi, quite the newbie here. I am very confused with all the settings but if I get some basic instructions I think I can figure it out.

So, I created an app where you can fill in your personal details. Extremely basic stuff. It all works fine, but I also want two things that I havenโ€™t figured out how to do yet.

1. How can I create a sort of welcome screen where users can click on a button to select their language (so two buttons) similar with the Enum option when you are editing a column and then depending on their selection they will be moved to the next section accordingly. Is there an easier way to do this? Maybe just have a button below the form at all times which just changes the language only within the app and not within the sheet? How would I go about doing this?

2. I have a signature box in the app where users can draw their signature and that is saved as png in a folder in my google drive. Is there a way to rename the filename of the signature to the name given by the user?

Thanks for reading!

0 7 583
7 REPLIES 7

Selecting multiple items through a checkbox is done with the EnumList option.

I started with AppSheet like 1 month ago. Best thing I did was move away from GoogleForms. It seems easy at first but it makes you not understand AppSheet.

If you have the userโ€™s value in the key column, it will name the file as โ€œAndreas Georgiades.ColumnName.198676.pngโ€. Of course the key column needs to be unique. If the column name is shortโ€ฆ like SIGN, the file name would be โ€œAndreas Georgiades.SIGN.198676.pngโ€

One way to choose the language is the User Setttings Data > User Settings

@Aleksi_Alkio

This is what I see in the โ€œSignatureโ€ Column in the spreadsheet created by google forms: Contact information_Images/01-18-2018 14-15-52.Signature.121616.png.

Unfortunately I donโ€™t understand what I have to do. How do I get the โ€œuserโ€™s valueโ€ in the key column? And what do you mean by key column? As I said I am quite the newbie.

Also at the end of the form when the user clicks on submit I can see the background image with 4 buttons for the separate Views and a Configure button on the left. Ideally I would like to remove all of these buttons and as soon as the form is submitted - it will return to the first screen to be ready for the next user. How would I do this?

At this moment you have used DateTime value as a key column. You should choose the username + something else as a key. If you use just a name, you will probably mess the app with double records. One way is to create a virtual column with CONCATENATE(โ€ฆ) formula where you will have the name + something else) and then using that as a key.

You can remove all buttons from the bottom bar except Share or Sync. If you want to open the same form again after submit, choose the option โ€œAuto Re-openโ€ ON. It will open the same form as blank. If you donโ€™t have a form view already, you need to create that.

@Aleksi_Alkio

Wow that was simple thanks a bunch! Got everything sorted!

I also managed to solve the language issue in a round-about way. In google forms I added a new section in the beginning of the form with a multiple choice question: English or Greek and with each answer points to a different section according to the language. Now the spreadsheet has twice as many columns to accommodate the two different set of questions (one for each language) but it works, so I am happy.

Thanks again!

Welcome to AppSheet, @Andreas_Georgiades. It may help you to read this article โ€” many of the concepts like Keys are explained here. help.appsheet.com - App Design 101

App Design 101 help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space