Hi there! How can I show a specific word in ...

Hi there!

How can I show a specific word in a doc template for a workflow rule if a particular cell is blank or notblank?

Eg: I had a checklist table, where I need to have a report of the questions that have been asnwer or not. But I donยดt need to see the answer per se, I just need to see if the cell on that row is blank or not.

Many thanks!

0 16 432
16 REPLIES 16

You could write a IF (or IFS) statement like <<IF(ISBLANK([Column]),โ€œBlankโ€,โ€œNotBlankโ€)>>

@Aleksi_Alkio

Hi!

I just try this:

<<IF(ISBLANK([Column]),โ€œBlankโ€,โ€œNotBlankโ€)>><> And for some reason is not showing anything in the workflow doc template when I received the email.

Is the whole template blank or just the last column?

@Aleksi_Alkio

No, the first column of the template show a name and an ID, the other columns of the template must show the values in the IF formula. I am plannig to do this in a 100 columns.

@Aleksi_Alkio

If you are asking for the template that arrives to the email, yes, it is all blank. check the pic

@Aleksi_Alkio

Any other thought on this?

There are two reasons for this behaviorโ€ฆ the list is empty or the FILTER expression is wrongly constructed.

@Aleksi_Alkio

Ok thanks! Translate

Is the Column name correct?

@Aleksi_Alkio

Yes it is

Why do you have that <>? Are you using <Start:> as well?

@Aleksi_Alkio

Yes, I am using a <>

Would you please show the whole โ€œsectionโ€ so we could understand the possible reason.

@Aleksi_Alkio

I just share you the doc

You had thisโ€ฆ <<IF(ISBLANK([Column]),โ€œBlankโ€,โ€œNotBlankโ€))>> where you should use <<IF(ISBLANK([Column]),โ€œBlankโ€,โ€œNotBlankโ€)>>

@Aleksi_Alkio

The formula is working perfect if I test it in the expresion builder. But when I triger the workflow, In the email doc is not showing any data. If the column beloging to the table has an editable if filter expresion, that could be the issue why I am not seeing ant data in the email doc?

Top Labels in this Space