Hi there! I am having reouble with a workflow...

Hi there! I am having reouble with a workflow. I had 2 rows that has a curent weeknum value in one of the columns. when I test the workflow it only send me an email with 1 row and not 2 emails belonging to that 2 rows. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

0 12 325
12 REPLIES 12

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1

Can you describe the problem in more detail?

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

I had a table that has [email] / [Week] / [Year] / [$1] / [$2] I create weekly report with a DOC that should send this values each week. The App is in test mode, when I click on โ€œrunโ€ it only send me a single email with the data, regarding a single user, regardind the actual week, but is not sending the email regarding the other users that has values on the current week

Do you have any kind of validation rule in your report which could filter rows?

@Aleksi_Alkio

No I donยดt Translate

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1

Can you provide: 1. Your account id 2. The app name 3. The rule name 4. The exact steps to reproduce the problem

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

171571 Arnold New Report After I press Run, it only sends me a single email

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1

Can you describe the problem in more detail?

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1

Report โ€œNew Reportโ€ specifies the โ€œFor rows in this tableโ€ value โ€œTEST6 2โ€. That slice only contains one row, so the Report is invoked once. As a result you only get one email.

If the slice contained more rows, the Report would be invoked for each row, and you would get one email per row in the slice.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh

I had a table that has [email] / [Week] / [Year] / [$1] / [$2] I create weekly report with a DOC that should send this values each week. The App is in test mode, when I click on โ€œrunโ€ it only send me a single email with the data, regarding a single user, regardind the actual week, but is not sending the email regarding the other users that has values on the current week

Do you have any kind of validation rule in your report which could filter rows?

@Aleksi_Alkio

No I donยดt Translate

@Aparicio_Pineyrua1

Can you provide: 1. Your account id 2. The app name 3. The rule name 4. The exact steps to reproduce the problem

Top Labels in this Space