Hi, there´s a way to restrinct the use to onl...

Hi, there´s a way to restrinct the use to only capital letters in my app?

Thank you for your help

0 6 662
6 REPLIES 6

Unfortunately we don’t have validation for that. If you don’t need that on the sheet side, you can set a format rule which will then show that field or fields with capital letters.

@Aleksi_Alkio Ok but theres a way to restrinct the use of special characters like ¿?¡#$%&…?

An option would be to create a virtual column that converts the user-provided text to all-caps. Your app could then use the value from that column.

Suppose the column receiving the user input is [FullName0] (I like to use the 0 suffix to denote “original”). You could create a virtual column named [FullName] (or whatever you want) with an App formula of =upper([FullName0]) to contain the all-caps version. The all-caps version would update automatically whenever the original (in [FullName0]) is updated.

If you need capital letters on the sheet, you can of course create an action which will change your value after you have saved the record. You can do that with data change workflow.

You can check special signs with CONTAINS expression. For example CONTAINS([Column],"?")

I wanna to know how to restrict people to enter only English alphabet as name with space and nothing unicode character shouldn;t be entered in appsheet

Top Labels in this Space