Hi to all. This is my first question in the f...

Hi to all. This is my first question in the forum, so if this allready been answered my apoligues!

Im creating an app that allows several staff members to schedule events on several diferent rooms (for several diferent days).

Everyone at the event (participants) will signin and schedule a room at almost the same time (lots of peolpe at the same time)

My problem is that two staff menbres can schedule the same room for the same hour and it only becomes aparent AFTER both of them syncs on saveโ€ฆ

How can i prevent this from happening? Any workaround? Can the app check the server before save? This is a major problem since it makes the app useless!!!

Thanks in advance Jorge

PS: using goggle sheetsโ€ฆ

0 18 394
18 REPLIES 18

Chiming in @Aleksi_Alkio Translate

Hi Levent. Didnโ€™t undestand what you meanโ€ฆ

@Mary_Jane_Pender Thanks for your idea Mary Jane! Iยดll try it!

Jorge

@Aleksi_Alkio Thnaks!!! Translate

Iโ€™m afraid we are not able to generate a totally new row automaticallyโ€ฆ not yet.

@Aleksi_Alkio I think saw a video where they (appsheet) demonstrates

how to pick data from a table and copied to another tableโ€ฆ Iโ€™m i wrong?

Any way, if i created a field that is updated with some useless information, wouldnโ€™t that push for an sync?

Thanks Jorge

@Jorge_Santos you can copy and push row data to a form to edit it only. You cannot copy/create row(s) in another table silently.

@Levent_KULACOGLU

Thanks!! i really understood that in a wrong wayโ€ฆ Well, better than nothingโ€ฆ

Can i at least delete that row from the original table once i push it to a form? (trought the same actionโ€ฆ)

Thanks!!

@Jorge_Santos it will copy or update the data into an another table, but it wonโ€™t sync that row in a same way if you open and save it. For exampleโ€ฆ If you have app formulas in that record, it will not trigger that app formula.

@Aleksi_Alkio

Thanks Aleksiโ€ฆ I have to try it and see how it goesโ€ฆ

Cheers and many thanks!!!

Jorge,

This is a problem when two or more people book at the same time.

Here are some process suggestions that might help: 1)

You might be able to manage this by having users first do a Sync to pick up the latest bookings and then create a reservation first, save and sync

• fill in the minimal fields and do a quick save and synch.

Then they can come back to the bookings table and open the reservation for Edit and thus complete the booking knowing that they have the room and date/time reserved. 2)

Assign each staff member to a set of rooms or a set of times that are their responsibility for booking.

Then they canโ€™t clobber one anotherโ€™s events.

@Jorge_Santos my business partner @Aleksi_Alkio

(he is a moderator also) is an expert in this kind of booking apps. He can show you some techniques on how to prevent the double bookings.

@Levent_KULACOGLU

Hey thatโ€™s great Levent โ€“ could you get him to post his ideas here.

I am always looking for other methods and maybe better ideas.

thanks,

m.j.

Wellโ€ฆ actually you canโ€™t be 100% sure about this because you donโ€™t have control for that. Normally Iโ€™m adding a validation that if the duration between NOW() and last time synced is more than 1 minute, you canโ€™t do anything with the form. It forces the user to sync the app first.

And after that, we normally check the situation from the backend, and if there is a problem, the script sends an alert that there is an duplicate.

Hi Aleksi.

Thanks for your ideia. Great one! Only one questionโ€ฆ How do i get i last sync time & date so i can do a Validation?

Thanks! Jorge

Create additional dummy table with two rows (header and datarow) and ID column. Generate the table and add a virtual column with the app formula NOW(). Every time you sync the app, it will update this value as well and you can use it for validation.

One more thing.

Iยดve been looking into Actions, and discoverd that i can create rows with data (in another tabel).

Is it possible that the app syncs when insert a new row? (it is a change after all, and if i have automatic updates select it should workโ€ฆ)

thanks Jorge

Top Labels in this Space