Hi! We've been using our App for two years no...

Hi! We’ve been using our App for two years now, and some of the images we uploaded months ago are now appearing as broken (with a triangle and exclamation symbol). If i check the Drive, the image is actually there, but it just won’t show. If i download the image, rename it and re-upload it it gets fixed, but this would be quite difficult to achieve quickly since we have close to 1000 records and many many pictures.

When we update the records, an email needs to be sent, but when the record has a broken image, or images, the email fails to be sent.

Is there a way to fix this in a batch?

Please bear in mind ALL images were uploaded through Appsheet, and were working when uploaded. We can’t really determine since when they start to break.

0 15 529
15 REPLIES 15

Harry2

@Controller_Planeador After debugging your app, I found out that when our server queried Google Drive for the missing image files, the files were not found. There can be a few possible causes. For instance, the image files might have been moved/deleted/renamed. Have you modified any of the image files in the folder “Plan General_Images” recently? If possible, could you share screenshots of of the following:

1/ Screenshot showing where the “Plan General_Images” folder is located in your app’s folder

2/ Screenshot showing the content of the “Plan General_Images” folder.

Thank you.

Is it possible that you have moved the image folder or some images from that folder?

Hi @Harry @Aleksi_Alkio

!!

I checked this and realized that someone in my team organized the Google Sheets inside folders (on Drive), and so the images folders where duplicated, leaving a whole set of images outside. I just moved all the images to the new folder location, could you please query the images again to see if they’re working now?

Thanks!!!

Harry2

@Controller_Planeador Some of the images are still missing, In particular, the image at column “Última Acta de Pozo Listo” is missing in some of the rows of table “Plan General”. Could you check the folder “Plan_General_Images” again to make sure that all of the images have been restored correctly in this folder?

@Harry I checked and the folder is where it should be (see picture attached). You mentioned “Plan_General_Images” but checking the rows in the Google sheet, there are only references to “Plan General_Images” which is the folder that I have on the same location as the main Sheet.

How can I see exactly which references are not working properly?

Thanks!

I manage to Check all the images using the View Data optiom from the Table Definition. I did loose some images from 2016, but that’s ok, with what I did on the troubleshooting above I achieved the objective.

Thanks you @Harry and @Aleksi_Alkio !!

Harry2

@Controller_Planeador Hi, I assume that the problem is resolved. If you have any other question, please let us know.

@Harry Yes! Resolved!!! Thank!

I have the same issue…

And yes, my battery is that low lol

@Controller_Planeador May I ask what is your account ID so I could

check the app quickly, if it’s okay for you?

Hi @Aleksi_Alkio ! I haven’t moved the images folder at all.

My Account ID: 198388

Thanks!

@Grant_Stead lol! Well, hopefully we’ll get it sorted

It seems that there is a problem at least with the “Última Acta de Pozo Listo” folder. As far as I checked, the photo from this field is always missing. Though some other fields have the same problem but not always.

Top Labels in this Space