Hi, while working with my table, and after so...

Fer_Calvano
Participant II

Hi, while working with my table, and after some time, I receive an error saying that the column names do not match. After trying to regenerate I find that column names in appsheet are now equal to first row records in my dropbox excel table. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

0 8 344
8 REPLIES 8

The first row of your spreadsheet must contain the column names (must be a header row). Data should start in row 2.

Fer_Calvano
Participant II

Hi Steve, that is how I originaly loaded, but suddenly changed to second row. my table in excel looks like this:

Fer_Calvano
Participant II

and my appsheet table like this

That is very odd, and I canโ€™t even imagine what the problem might be! I suggest you send email to support@appsheet.com for help with this one.

Fer_Calvano
Participant II

ok Thanks!!

Fer_Calvano
Participant II

solution was to format first row with bold font and then regenerate the table. Thanks steve for your adivse, support team answered in 2 mins.

One day weโ€™ll build the system that automatically understands every support question and auto-answers. But right now, we still struggle sometimes to determine the header row :]

Btw, the reason it is not always the first row is that sometimes, people put some introductory comments in the first few rows and then start the actual data. So there are bunch of heuristics to guess if the first row is really the header row. It mostly gets it right, but once in a while, it doesnโ€™t.

@praveen Thatโ€™s good to know!

Top Labels in this Space