Hide Ref View for Certain Users

Hi there,

I’m wondering if there’s a way to not show specific “Ref Views” to certain users(non-admin)? I can make use of the “Show If” feature in the Primary Views/Menu Views but I don’t seem to find the “Show If” for the “Ref Views”. Greatest help needed.

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 8 812
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Ref views are not typically navigated to, but instead are presented in response to some user interaction or as part of another view. To prevent users from getting to a form view in the ref position, you need to remove add and/or update access to the table or slice. To prevent the use from getting to a detail view, you’ll need to reconfigure the (deck, gallery, or table) view the user uses to get to the detail view to use a custom action as the Row Selected event action.

Thank you Steve for the reply.

May I know how do I actually add, remove or update access to the table or slice? Or could you provide any guide to assist me with that? My apologies, kind of very new to AppSheet.

You can configure add, update (edit), and delete access for a slice from the slice configuration:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your kind response.

Kindly take a look at the attached image to further understand my question.

I’m able to remove the “Users Management” from the menu bar for the user view (highlighted in blue) but I can’t seem to hide the Ref view from the user (highlighted in red). The view that is highlighted in red are meant only for admins but currently, all account can see it.

How is the user getting to that view?

Actually, I’m as confused as you too. Upon launching the application, this is the starting page for the users while it shouldn’t be. They couldn’t get out of this page, but they still can hit on all the buttons. However, after every action they do, they will eventually land back on this page.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your assistance, this is the part which i missed out. Everything works now.

Cheers!

Top Labels in this Space