Hide/Show Column Based on User

Arizno

UPDATED: I have a list of users on a form. I select a user other than myself then I want to show a specific column. Not sure how to reference users.

Solved Solved
0 5 846
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What I understand is that there will be (at least) two columns in the form.

One column (ColumnA) will allow the user to select one user from among all users.

Iโ€™ll assume app users are identified by their logged-in email address, as provided by the USEREMAIL() function.

A second column (ColumnB) should display only if the user selected in the first column is not the current user of the app.

Assuming all that, in the Show? expression for ColumnB, try:

(USEREMAIL() <> [ColumnA])

This expression evaluates to TRUE only if the current logged-in app userโ€™s email address is not the email address in ColumnA; otherwise it returns FALSE.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

You could write it like [ColumnA]=TRUE into ColumnBโ€™s Show? option.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Arizno

Wow, what a terrible explanation I gave. My sincerest apologies. Lets try again.

I have a list of users on a form. I select a user other than myself then I want to show a specific column. Not sure how to reference users.

What I understand is that there will be (at least) two columns in the form.

One column (ColumnA) will allow the user to select one user from among all users.

Iโ€™ll assume app users are identified by their logged-in email address, as provided by the USEREMAIL() function.

A second column (ColumnB) should display only if the user selected in the first column is not the current user of the app.

Assuming all that, in the Show? expression for ColumnB, try:

(USEREMAIL() <> [ColumnA])

This expression evaluates to TRUE only if the current logged-in app userโ€™s email address is not the email address in ColumnA; otherwise it returns FALSE.

Nice, simple, basic but effective. Thank you very much my friend.

Top Labels in this Space