Hiding Fields in Certain Views with CONTEXT()

In order to keep my forms as streamlined as possible, I frequently want to automatically population and hide fields - for example, when I’m automatically collecting the users’ email (USEREMAIL()), the current date or time (NOW()), location (HERE()), dereferenced value ([USER].[PHONE]), etc. I hide these fields in order to help users focus just on the essential form fields.

One simple method for controlling whether a field will display in a form or other view types is to use the CONTEXT expression.

2X_d_dbb3b22b7544e8ac47a1ce378ccf0a9b99fd7332.png
In Data > Columns fields visibility can be enabled/disabled or controlled via expressions in the ‘Show?’ setting. The CONTEXT() expression can be used to limit which views display each field.

9 2 2,194
2 REPLIES 2

I really love the CONTEXT() function and use it very often. Also to show / hide Actions

Thank you for posting this.

I have started to use CONTEXT() to change the Column Description based on which view is shown

I place this code in the Display Name of the column I wish to change

Here, I am prompting the user to load a document for the project brief in the DMS (Document Management System) view OR informing the user that the column is displayind a brief overview.

Top Labels in this Space