Hiding unused/empty fields in Details view

Hi,

Was looking for a way to hide columns based on user input (or no input) in Details View.
A user completes a report - a list of questions, where he either enters some info or not.
I need to hide those fields where the user did not enter anything.
Some of the fields have default (initial value), typically 0 or โ€œโ€;
Thus I need to capture fields that have not been entered or remain with default values and hide them from details view.
Here is picture of how it looks now with plenty of empty fields

Apparently I cannot hide column because then the fields will not be available in the form for editing. As I understand, the hiding should only happen when a user enters the Details View, as shown above. I also have a feeling that may be the strategy is wrong and I should have used something like slides โ€ฆ

Apprecaie a hint on this,

Thank you,
Alex

Solved Solved
0 11 1,901
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Use something like NOT(AND(Context(โ€œViewTypeโ€)=โ€œDetailโ€,[ColumnName]=0))

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

The detail view should not show you blank values if the option is set as OFF. You can find it from UX > Options

@Aleksi
Found it!
Thank you and sorry for troubling!

Though I still need to hide โ€œ0โ€ values โ€ฆ
If I set SHOW_IF to exclude 0 values, then the column will disappear and user will not be able to enter values, if required (since 0 is default value).

Hi @Aleksi, unfortunately I cannot find the option, could you please guide me to enable the view of empty fields in detail views? I would like to enter some data in this field via "Quick edit columns". Thank you very much, Joachim

ScreenShot 665 BSNETZ Kundenmanagement - AppSheet - Google Chrome.jpg

In the column's configuration, set Show? to the expression TRUE:

Steve_0-1662650527575.png

Steve_1-1662650645362.png

This will force the display of the column regardless of its value.

No worries

@Aleksi

Taking the opportunity - Happy New 2020 Year!

Use something like NOT(AND(Context(โ€œViewTypeโ€)=โ€œDetailโ€,[ColumnName]=0))

Hello Aleksi, I had the same issue but your expression solved it. Thank you !!

Youโ€™re welcome

Hi @Aleksi,
Thank you for the solution, I am very new to appsheet and was wondering if you could help me to implement this in my usecase:
1 DB used for form as well as showing the data entered into the form as a list.
I want to hide empty columns in the list but want to show the same columns in the Form.
I tried ISNOTEMPTY expression, but it hides the column from the form as well.

Top Labels in this Space