Hope you can add also a SCORECARD Chart same with what google data studio has

Hope you can add also a SCORECARD Chart same with what google data studio has.

Status Open
3 10 977
10 Comments
LeventK
Silver 5
Silver 5

I encourage you to enroll here:

Eam_Sibug
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Yups, I already replied my email in the trail. Thanks for the info!

Stefan_QREW
Silver 3
Silver 3

I have been wanting this feature for a while. I think it could be really easy to implement (apart from the new Charting UX)

Make it a UX view type that has:

• A Display Name Field
  • A few styling parameters
  • A Formula field that will calculate the value to be displayed

Basically a Virtual Column that is in not in a Table level scope and has its own small UX view to display its result.

This is something that is really tedious to do with the current platform features, but something many of our customers ask for.

@MultiTech_Visions @Grant_Stead @Jonathon @LeventK @Arthur_Rallu @praveen @QREW_Cam @Landan_Quartemont

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

Why not use a column?

• Going with your example above
    • I would imagine on Matthew’s record, there would be a virtual column with the number of jobs completed this month already - right?

I mean, to build that sort of view you’ll have to have that information on the user/employee level - in order to sort them and find the top… right?

Don’t get me wrong, having a view like you’ve mocked up above would be great!

Jonathon
Silver 5
Silver 5

Funny enough, I’ve been doing a lot of this stuff with SVG’s and had made a post yesterday about it:

AppSheet does a subpar job of displaying information in consumption-friendly formats… UX components like these are a great solution. SVG’s are a good interim solution, but longer-term it would be nice to have something that users can actually interact with / fire actions from.

Stefan_QREW
Silver 3
Silver 3

Performance advantages of decoupling from a table are significant. Especially if you have a large tables. A virtual column used to power a scorecard could slow an app down significantly because it would be run on every row.

Decoupling allows it to only run once when the app is synced/data changes

Plus you can tailed the styling better and set them up way easier.

Eam_Sibug
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Agree! no need to create a virtual column to count/sum.

Stefan_QREW
Silver 3
Silver 3

That looks awesome!

Having rollup view of key stats / metrics is a common feature in most business applications, and is all some users need to see. Rigging one together is possible with current features (and SVGs), but it’s not intuitive to new users at all.

I really like the idea of being able to fire actions from a scorecard type tile, or at least deep link to another view.

Stefan_QREW
Silver 3
Silver 3

@Adam This concept of a scoreboard view powered by a single expression may be an answer to some of the more tricky performance issues. Would you agree? I think it could replace maybe 20% of expensive cross table virtual columns.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager