Horizontal Align - Displayed text is shown from LEFT to RIGHT

I entered some Arabic text (long text and short text). Arabic is aligned from RIGHT to LEFT. But the displayed text is shown from LEFT to RIGHT

Is there an option of text alignment ( Horizontal Align ) in APPSHEET

2X_7_7d05f119b9aecacff50d801f1f0e26cd328392b4.jpeg

Status Open
40 35 2,956
35 Comments
Aleksi
Staff

I’m afraid there is no option for that purpose.

Izzat_Safrah
Silver 3
Silver 3

This is wrong alignment cant read.

This is correct alignment can read.

So is there any way to solve this problem?

The text is mirrored and un-readable.

Can you please add this option under (( Future Request ))

Kirk_Masden
Gold 1
Gold 1

I hope better support for Arabic can be added. I use Japanese which also uses a script that is completely different from English. However, Japanese can be written from left to right so I don’t face this particular problem.

Although I can’t really recommend this, it might be possible to use a monospaced Arabic font and then concatenate spaces in such a way as to achieve the appearance you want – as long as each line is shorter than the width of the user’s screen. Here’s a link to a monospaced Arabic typeface:

Although it’s different from what you need to do, I have written about a way to use text to produce a graphic that AppSheet does not yet support:

Perhaps a similar textual approach might work for you.

Good luck!

Izzat_Safrah
Silver 3
Silver 3

@Kirk_Masden @Aleksi

This is a small video by ( GIF ). I created to show the problem.

If press ( Ctrl + Shift ) it change alignment.

But changes back if i save.

Kirk_Masden
Gold 1
Gold 1

I wish I could help but I have no idea what to do. Good luck!

Izzat_Safrah
Silver 3
Silver 3

Thank you for your help. I do hope that AppSheet Team would add it to ((Future #requests)) section

Bahbus

I have no use for this kind of feature myself, but I’ll upvote anyway. I know supporting languages which function completely differently take lots of time to add to make sure nothing is missed. And that can be even more difficult the more niche the language.

pravse
Staff

Very obviously something we should do.

We don’t yet have a timeframe for it though. We will follow up after some discussion within the team.

Leo_Electronix

@praveen

Dear Sirs

Several languages has opposite text alignment to English. e.g. Arabic, Urdu, Farsi…etc.

If you can work on this soon, I think this might expand your user database.

Looking forward to see the good news

mbs3

We need this feature to support language orientation.

Malek_Abou_Hoss

Hey guys

Please this is very important step to support arabic language in all middle east . Thank you

pravse
Staff

Hi @Malek_Abou_Hosseh , @mbs3 , @Leo_Electronix , @UNITED_SKATEBOARDS

Would you be willing to work with us on this? It would help us greatly if you could (a) provide a sample app in a right-to-left language (eg Arabic, Urdu, Farsi) that you are familiar with, (b) give us permission to access it. Then we can seek your input to see if we are able to render it better.

If you would like to help, please send an email to support@appsheet.com and indicate that you have communicated with me (pravse@google.com). Please provide the name of the app we can experiment with. And in your Account → Settings page, please enable the setting to allow us to access your app.

Thanks

Izzat_Safrah
Silver 3
Silver 3

Dear @praveen

Thank you for cooperation.

Of Course I would like work with you to solve / improve this issue. And I am sure it will be beneficial to anyone who has the same issue.

Also, I will provide you with pictures to show you how the APP should look like in Arabic

I will start working on a sample APP. it should be ready to access in a couple of days and I will communicate with you guys and provide you with access.

Izzat_Safrah
Silver 3
Silver 3
mfakhreddine
Staff

Dear Izzat,

Thanks for providing this example and for your original post. As a native Arabic speaker and a member of the Appsheet team, I can clearly see the issue and I’m very happy to work with you on this.

I just have to set expectations because RTL support in any product is a big effort and it’s not currently on the roadmap so I can’t promise any timelines. That said, I want to try to find some small and easy fixes to make that can go a long way. I think that I can do something for the ordering of the words in your first example so that the “1” appears on the right side of the text, even though it won’t fix the alignment of the entire text body. I’ll update you when I have something.

Thanks for helping out with this and for using Appsheet!