Horizontal Scrolling Tables

Depending on your device screen size and number of columns you intend to display, your app Table Views may overflow off the right end of your view. To make sure your users can quickly reference data from larger tables (or on smaller devices), you can now scroll the table horizontally with a mouse or touchscreen.

To enable Horizontal Scrolling Tables, visit UX > Options > Table View. We recommend also enabling โ€˜Column Headersโ€™ at the same time to more easily recognize the data from each column as you scroll.

6 10 11.8K
10 REPLIES 10

This is a nice feature.

Some suggestions for improvement:

• Allow freezing of the first column
  • When using iOS devices, allow dragging anywhere within the view to scroll horizontally and not just along the column headers

Freezing is most important, but give an option where the app developer can decide the number of columns to freeze.

I just reported to support@appsheet.com to give heads up.

On UI option setting window, the setting for horizontal scrolling on/off option is gone now. Obviously a bug, and should not be happening only to me.

Hey Tsuji-

They have included this in their release notes

Thank you for sharing, I completely overlooked this announcement, thank you.

My apps have horizontal scrolling as default, but I cannot turn it off, the UX > Options > Table View doesnot have this option

Nowadays the options is set automatically and Iโ€™m afraid you canโ€™t set it as OFF anymore.

Any update on the column freezing ?

The horizontal scrolling is not working properly. See this post:

This has been happening for months now. Contacted support. No response yet.

Thanks.