How can i add data to table only once?

i want to create User Profile view that allow user to upload their photo and name but only once

0 4 327
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @11154! Welcome to the forum.

You can put a โ€œshow ifโ€ condition on a link to a form to add new records. You would need to make an expression to see if the user had already responded or not. If the user had already responded, the link to the form to add a record could be hidden and, with a similar โ€œshow ifโ€ condition, a link to edit the information that the user had already uploaded could be put in its place.

My explanation is not complete but thatโ€™s my basic idea. If you need more help figuring out what to do, Iโ€™ll try to respond, if possible.

Thank you for your advice. I will try

Now iโ€™m stuck again, I use ISBLANK() in show if, But it canโ€™t find my โ€œusernameโ€ Colum

Iโ€™ll try to help but I think Iโ€™ll need to know more about your situation. Letโ€™s start with the interface that the user will use to type in his or her information. Can you give us a screenshot of the interface, tell us the relevant table and column names, and share any expressions (the ISBLANK expression, etc.) you are using?

I suspect that ISBLANK() wonโ€™t work and that youโ€™ll need to use a SELECT() expression to check to see if the username has been recorded in that table in the past.

Top Labels in this Space