How can I auto populate address fields depend...

How can I auto populate address fields dependent on answer to previous question?

I’ve attempted putting Editable_if as =[Address as my permanent address]=“No”

and App formula as =if([Address as my permanent address]=“Yes”,[House name (optional)],"") and then similar for [Address1], [Address2], etc.

Whilst this populates the field and displays it when the answer is yes, I can’t get it to display the blank field for manual data entry if the initial answer was “no”.

Thought this would be simple, but have come unstuck, a steer in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Steve

0 4 376
4 REPLIES 4

Harry2

@StudentHomes_Plymout Instead of using app formula, you should use Initial Value. Here’s an article explaining the difference between the two:

help.appsheet.com - App Formulas and Initial Values App Formulas and Initial Values help.appsheet.com

Thank you for your prompt response and providing the link to the article I hadn’t realised the distimct difference between the two.

All done and working fine now. Apologies but relatively new user and still finding my way around! Thanks for your help.

Harry2

@StudentHomes_Plymout You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space