How can I create a new row in table and updat...

How can I create a new row in table and update columns values. can be another table, like a log file?

0 6 378
6 REPLIES 6

RezaRaoofi
Participant V

That was a really short question! Off the top of my head, perhaps an action button could help you achieve what you have in mind.

You may want to read this: http://help.appsheet.com/behavior/actions/actions-the-essentials

Sorry for short questions I get to update fields in the table in the โ€œFor a record of this tableโ€ parameter. but not in another (log) table.

RezaRaoofi
Participant V

There is also another action type that says: Data: execute an action on a set of rows; that one allows you to update in another table.

I dont get ut! I try to use add new row in action but it dont seem to add.

Can you walk me true it step for step. Or is there a exempel app you know og?

Instead of โ€œAdd new rowโ€ you could try to use deep link action called LINKTOFORM. Read more about from this articleโ€ฆ help.appsheet.com - App Column Type (Deep Link) App Column Type (Deep Link) help.appsheet.com

RezaRaoofi
Participant V

@Michael Voigt-Hansen in your previous comment you mentioned: โ€ฆI get to update fields in the table in the โ€œFor a record of this tableโ€ parameter. but not in another (log) table.

So, I was under impression that you wanted to only update existing row(s) in another table; well you could do that using an action as I suggested, however that action will not allow to automatically add a new row in another table and save it at once. If you want to only add a new row, the LINKTOFORM() function that Aleksi suggested would help, but again you will have to manually press save button once after you enter values in fields, or via LINKTOFORM() function you have prefilled them with values. Still you will need to press Save button.

Top Labels in this Space