How can I create a workflow rule to send me a...

How can I create a workflow rule to send me an email only if a certain field has had comments added?

I have created my rule to send an email to the account email address whenever a record is added/changed/deleted. However I want it to send to a couple of email addresses when a particular field (Post Job Comments) has been updated. In the email address column I tried adding the following but it doesnโ€™t seem to work. Am I on the right track or is there a better way to do this? <<if(ISNOTBLANK([Post Job Comments]),โ€œmylog@yahoo.com, tobeactioned@yahoo.com","mylog@yahoo.comโ€)>>

0 4 303
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

You would want to use the change counterโ€ฆ help.appsheet.com - Tracking Changes Using โ€˜Changeโ€™ Column Types Tracking Changes Using โ€˜Changeโ€™ Column Types help.appsheet.com

Thanks for the suggestion Grant, but I donโ€™t understand how to use it in this setting. If a record is updated but no comments are added i want an email sent to one address, however if comments are added to the Post Job Comments field I want the email to go to 2 email addresses. How do I

use the counter to accomplish that?

Rob

@Rob_atYahoo I think that would be two different workflow rules. In one case A, another case B

Thanks Grant. I thought you could only have one Workflow Rule at a time but it looks like both will run so that solved my issue. Thanks

Top Labels in this Space