How can I create an attendance app which uses...

How can I create an attendance app which uses student finger prints to authenticate attendance?

Is there a column type in Appsheet to cater for fingerprints?

0 11 1,373
11 REPLIES 11

No, but you can use QR code or NFC tags

@Fernando_Lopez Thanks. How do I create and read QR codes in Appsheets? I am thinking of using that route.

I have tried searching for sample apps which use qr codes in appsheet and have not found any so i need help

Read this article, if you need more help just contact me at jflopezv@gmail.com

https://help.appsheet.com/ux/capturing-information-in-forms/using-a-barcode-scanner Using a Barcode Scanner help.appsheet.com

Thank you very much. This is helpful. I will be in touch should I face any problems.

@Mncedisi_Trinity_Dew youโ€™re welcome

Hie Fernando

I created an app for a simple attendance register using barcodes. One of the tables for the lesson details has a field which is supposed to calculate the students recorded as present in the referenced table.

I used the expression:

COUNT(SELECT(Roaster[ScanCode],[LessonKey]=[_THISROW].[LessonID]))

The first time, the expression was working perfectly returning the number of students who would be recorded in the referenced table based on the scancode. Now it is always giving me a 0.

How do I resolve this?

I also verified and tested the expression. It is giving the right outcome but the result field continues to show a 0. Please help if you can

@Mncedisi_Trinity_Dew I guess your โ€œcount fieldโ€ is a column in your table, try to create a virtual column and put your expression there.

Thank you. I understand now.

How do I automatically show the value from another table in another table?

hi i want to make a attendance system using nfc but i dont know how to record the nfc card when i scan it nothing happen 

Top Labels in this Space