How can I display on the screen what view I a...

How can I display on the screen what view I am in?

0 10 416
10 REPLIES 10

UX > Option > Show view name in header > ON

Ah, Thank you!

Youโ€™re welcome

Should this also work when you edit an entry? For me, the table/detail view have the name in header, but when I go into edit mode it is just the app name that shows again

Same for adding new entries

Yesโ€ฆ at this moment it shows all view names. For exampleโ€ฆ if you havenโ€™t created any views for the form view (you use the automatic form), it uses the appโ€™s name. You can see this from the emulatorโ€ฆ

If you want to see the form name, you need to create your own form view.

Ah yes you are right, I had done this but forgot that the table view was defined on a table and the form view on a slice, and hence it did not work.

When I am adding a child entry to a parent item, it does not update the view name though.

Example: I have a table โ€˜orderโ€™ and a field โ€˜buyerโ€™, which is a ref to table โ€˜personโ€™. When I want to add a new buyer from the order view, I would expect the header to change from โ€˜orderโ€™ to โ€˜personโ€™, but it doesnโ€™t.

It would be good to have this change, because for an app user it can be tricky to know where they are, especially within these form with a form environments.

Can you edit the header further? (text, size, color)? Can you center it?

Nope.

Top Labels in this Space