How can I filter the reference table based on quick edit values

Pointer
Participant V

How can I filter the reference table based on quick edit values without creating a second reference table?

When I click, the relevant data below will be filtered

Solved Solved
0 17 1,435
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GreenFlux
Participant V

I built a sample app that has the Quick Edit search function you described.

More info in this post:
https://community.appsheet.com/t/search-multiple-columns-with-different-criteria/15776

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Steve
Participant V

thanks for answer
I know how to create a slice, creating a slice for every condition alone is a very troublesome job,
Donโ€™t have another solution? Iโ€™ve already created slice for 16 tables, There will be no fixed filter, depending on the situation

Pointer
Participant V

All Feedback Valid_if:

IFS(
[Number]=โ€œInterviever 1โ€,
SELECT([All Feedback][Date],[Date] = [_THISROW].[Date])
)

It did not give error, but it is not filtering. Please help me

You need to use a slice.

thanks
what will my formula be when I use slice

IFS is an โ€œOrโ€ expression. First, AppSheet will check to see if a record satisfies [Number]=โ€œInterviever 1โ€. Then, if that is not satisfied, it will check for the next condition. Also, unless Iโ€™m mistaken [_THISROW].[Date] would not be a meaningful expression in a slice because it is not clear what [_THISROW] refers to.

Iโ€™m not sure exactly would the correct expression would be but I think you probably need to use an โ€œANDโ€ expression and that you need to change the SELECT([All Feedback][Date],[Date] = [_THISROW].[Date]) part.

The same date column is in the main table,

Can you write the formula as an example?

According to the values in the main table that I want to filter values for the sub-table.

Iโ€™m trying to use slice but the table is counting more and the variable is too

Thanks

I can try. Please tell me what conditions you want. I think one condition is

[Number]=โ€œInterviever 1โ€

Is [Date] in the same table as [Number]? If not, you might want to put it in the table with a virtual expression so that you can use it as a criterion in your slice.

Then, we need to know how to filter your [Date]. What should it be lower than, higher than, or in between? If you want to include everything within the past three days, for example, and the [Date] column is in the same table I think the following should work:

and([Number]=โ€œInterviever 1โ€,([Date] + 3 ) >= TODAY())

By the way, โ€œInterviewerโ€ is misspelled. That would cause a problem if you have not spelled it the same way throughout.

I guess I couldnโ€™t tell if I want to filter the allfeedback table, with the value in the name column, this doesnโ€™t happen with this formula.

I canโ€™t see your tables so Iโ€™m afraid I canโ€™t help.

GreenFlux
Participant V

I built a sample app that has the Quick Edit search function you described.

More info in this post:
https://community.appsheet.com/t/search-multiple-columns-with-different-criteria/15776

Thank you very much, thank you that was what I was looking for.

I want to ask one more thing;

I have two quick edit values, the second changes according to the first.

for example;
1.Quick edit:
name (enum): new / old

if name: new
2.quick edit:
value (enum): first / second

if name: old
2.quick edit:
value (enum): thirth / forth

When I first select โ€œnewโ€ and โ€œfirstโ€ and then filter by selecting โ€œoldโ€ and โ€œthirthโ€, I get a โ€œThis entry is invalidโ€ warning. Is there a way to prevent it? So when the value โ€œnameโ€ changes, the value โ€œvalueโ€ must be empty

Could you please post a screenshot of the validation error, and the Valid If setting?

Now I have a more important problem, filtering works very well. but it was previously automatically listed with โ€œREF_ROWS ()โ€.
Now that I use the filtering formula, child doesnโ€™t come with the referenced data when adding records to the tables. [Table1]. [Table2].

What can be done? I donโ€™t want to return to the formula โ€œREF_ROWS ()โ€ again

Iโ€™ve solved the problem thanks

The valid if setting is;

IFS(
[Enum]=โ€œnewโ€, LIST(โ€œfirstโ€,โ€œsecondโ€),
[Enum]=โ€œoldโ€, LIST(โ€œthirthโ€,โ€œforthโ€)
)

When I first select โ€œnewโ€ and โ€œfirstโ€ and then filter by selecting โ€œoldโ€ and โ€œthirthโ€, I get a โ€œThis entry is invalidโ€ warning. Is there a way to prevent it? So when the value โ€œnameโ€ changes, the value โ€œvalueโ€ must be empty.

This situation is slowing down, I would appreciate if you help. Thank you

Top Labels in this Space