How can I force a specific date_time_format f...

Jonas
Participant V

How can I force a specific date_time_format for now()?

I got the issue that one of our pcs has an english OS, that results in a different time-format and some problems.

two possible solutions:

#1 set the date_time_format globally within app

#2 set the date_time_format in expression

thx

0 8 322
8 REPLIES 8

Jonas
Participant V

that would work as well. Still think it would make sense to have some control over the formatting

Jonas
Participant V

you mean something like

concatenate( hour(DATETIME), minute(DATETIME))

?

I was thinking something like โ€œJanuary 21, 2018โ€ where everybody will understand it correctly.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh knows more about dates and times but he explained to me once that appsheet tries to do a good job moving back and forthโ€ฆ So if your sheet is US and column type date, and the device is Colombia, it should store the date in the sheet as that stupid number, 42756, and display it pretty their device settingsโ€ฆ

Jonas
Participant V

The issue is more about an email that is being send to the customer. The format is english but the customer is geman, so he getโ€™s confused.

Its an email to tell our customer the date & time of arrival.

If the client that triggers that email happens to work on an english OS, the problem occurs

Create your โ€œownโ€ format in that workflow rule so you can always be sure itโ€™s the same.

If you create that format by yourself, you have the control and your customers wonโ€™t misread it.

Jonas
Participant V

thy

Top Labels in this Space