How can users with a live.com or me.com domai...

How can users with a live.com or me.com domain log into an Appsheet app?

0 7 413
7 REPLIES 7

Right now, these are not integrated with the authentication system. So they cannot use those email addresses to log into AppSheet.

@praveen Thatโ€™s what I thought. But then isnโ€™t it confusing that Appsheet allows that we create such users? Also, the system nonetheless sends the email invitations to these addresses and the users can install the app. As far as I can tell they can also access the app but with the app creator email (although on that point I am less certain. Maybe itโ€™s because the core appsheet app is already installed with my initial creator email? then when I try to use a second, non-authenticatable email, it gets given the initial mail?)

Can you please suggest a workflow for testing such use cases (i.e testing multiple user profiles on a single device)?

@Christian_Farley2 Users can create Google accounts using an e-mail address from another domain.

However, they will have to maintain a password on Google that is separate from the original domain of their e-mail account.

For that reason it still makes sense to allow registration of white list users with an e-mail on any domain.

For app testing, I have installed the app I am currently working on on my phone using a different e-mail address and role than the one that I am currently using while editing the app definition in Chrome.

I also use both Chrome and Safari on my computer and log in with a different account in Safari so I can compare results on the full screen view.

Thanks Nicholas.

I am not sure I understand how a non google email account can maintain a password on Google.

To be sure I understand: Let me recap what I think the experience of a user with an email of bob@videotron.ca will be: - I will be able to add it to the app white list? - An invite to install will be sent to that adress? - Using the browser link that user will access the app without being prompted for a password? (This also implies that sharing the link with many people will give them access to the app with that userโ€™s identity) - But will that user will be able to install the app? I my tests, when I use the invite link to install the app, once I install I am sent to the sign in page, and I cannot proceed since this user is not a google account. Am I missing anything?

@Christian_Farley2 If your app uses Google as the authentication service, then what Bob has to do before he tries to log into your app is first create a Google account using his bob@videotran.ca email address.

Then when he logs into your app, he will give his e-mail, and the password he established when he created his Google account.

Ok. Iโ€™ll test that. And if Bob has not created his Google account, he should just be stuck at the authentication screen?

@Christian_Farley2 yes, if Bob has not created an account he will be stuck at the login page

Top Labels in this Space