How could I make a simple app that creates/mo...

How could I make a simple app that creates/modifies the spreadsheet in each user’s own Google drive?

For example, a simple task list app that creates an empty spreadsheet of tasks if it doesn’t exist in the user’s gdrive, otherwise it just opens the existing sheet. When I use the app it’s going to show me my tasks, and when I open my sheet directly it will show me my tasks. Now, when I give the app to my mom, I don’t want to have her tasks put into my spreadsheet at all, and I don’t want to give her edit permissions for directly accessing the spreadsheet either. I want her to end up with her very own sheets, using the app just like I would with no users besides myself.

My actual use case is not a task list, but the details of what data entry and report-ish views I’m trying to make aren’t important here. I can’t even start on the app until I know how to have each user’s data completely segregated and under their own full control. I don’t want or desire access to their data at all. I don’t even need a whitelist of users, their installation of the app shouldn’t need anything from me other than updates from the play store in case I add features or fix bugs.

0 3 305
3 REPLIES 3

You are looking for a Private table structure. Please check this article… help.appsheet.com - Private Tables Private Tables help.appsheet.com

@Aleksi_Alkio awesome! That’s close enough to what I want. Thank you.

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space