How do I add an Appscript Outbound Channel?

I watched the following Google I/O video session.
I’m very interested in Appscript Outbound Channel and would like to try it out.

However, I am currently unable to see the Appscript Channel creation from my account menu.
Do I need to request this be added separately to some preview program?

Solved Solved
1 6 439
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good question, the video you linked was a prototype feature that was released to specific customers but not more broadly because it was too difficult to configure. Now you can use Apps Script Tasks and the experience should be easier.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ohhh, that AMP email looks like it’ll be super helpful! Can’t wait for that.

Hi @Marc_Dillon

These two features are both going to greatly expand the possibilities of AppSheet!

Tôi rất mong chờ điều này.
Tuyệt vời!

Hi @Sarmad_Hashmi ,

Thank you for supporting the Dynamic Email feature using AMP.
I’m sorry to keep asking, but is the release of the Outbount Channel for GAS coming soon?

@tsuji_koichi

Hi @Sarmad_Hashmi

When is the outbound channel for Appscript scheduled to be released?

For Workspace users, the question of how AppSheet will work with traditional Workspace applications is becoming more and more important.
We understand that there are already integrations with a variety of Workspace applications, but there are even more ways to access the Workspace API through Apps Script.
I’ll be keeping an eye on this feature as we hope to present design patterns and best practices to our customers for using Workspace apps from AppSheet.

Also, I just noticed that the Outbound Channel button might be better as “Apps Script(beta)” instead of “Appscript(beta)”.

Good question, the video you linked was a prototype feature that was released to specific customers but not more broadly because it was too difficult to configure. Now you can use Apps Script Tasks and the experience should be easier.

Top Labels in this Space