How do I add an List in the menu?

Hi,

I would like add a list into the menu. And the list is able to list down the available PDF in a folder in google drive and I can able to select multiple PDF to user defined email address.

I wonder if appsheet is able to do this.

0 4 164
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

HI

I donโ€™t think you can build such a list into the menu.

Nonetheless, you can provide a view with a table list, with column type โ€œurlโ€, and use a script to set the url on the sheets : these url point to the Drive location for your pdf files.
That may be a part of the solution.

Here is what I made for a different purpose:
3X_7_d_7ded697f49c3c3efe433125cb74179bb716d827a.png

Here is how it behaves:

1. set link
    Screen Recording 2021-02-04...
    2)use it
    Screen Recording 2021-02-04...

Tell me if you need the script to update url links on the sheet : I cannot join it to the message but you can give me your email address.

Thanks Aurelien!

There is no need for the script, I only got a few PDF that I wanna show. I had manually updated the link to the table. Appreciate your help.

I had add another view for that particular table.

However, I realized I can only send or share the pdf one by one. Is there any ways to make multiple selection and send to a single email?

I made that on another app, but without using URL.
I stored the PDF in a subfolder in my appsheet folder, and made the app point toward these.

Here is how I processed, if that can help:

1. Please use a dashboard first, for an easier life
    This needs just 2 views actually : on my example : โ€œBOUTON ENVOI DTโ€, which means โ€œbutton_send_filesโ€, and โ€œList DTโ€ which contains list of people and their related documents (the files I want to send). The 3rd one on my case is for refreshing URLsโ€ฆ

Here is the example of my use:
3X_a_3_a324fa6410d2b10447ff6586449078a3da8c610d.gif

1. Technically:
  • the sheets/table related to the Button_send_files view, letโ€™s name it โ€œButton_send_file_tableโ€ :
    3X_b_2_b273b69bfd317401a0724900c80bd97311674ec4.png
    ==> the column B is for firing action with a workflow

• The view โ€œListe DTโ€, based on a table โ€œLISTE DTโ€
    This is based on a simple table: the goal in my case was to determine if, yes or no, i want to send this file, for each employee (you can replace these with your pdf unique IDโ€ฆhere, โ€œbarcode employeโ€ is my key-column for my table Employe)

โ€ฆand a lot of Virtual column, which are meant to:

• determine if available in the drive
    • display file name (relatively to my table โ€œURL DRIVEโ€, as mentioned before)
    • and โ€œfileโ€ type with formula [Barcode Employe].[File Id Card] (for example)

Keep in mind that on my employees table, the column [File Id Card] is of โ€œFileโ€ type.
The data stored there is actually a file pointing toward my Appsheet subfolder, such as:

appsheet/data/logistique_v0-1021166/Employes_Files/John SMITH/001. CNI DM.pdf

• then, you need to explain which document will be sent. On table โ€œButton_send_file_tableโ€, I used a virtual column โ€œattachmentListโ€, type โ€œListโ€, with this formula:

SELECT(ENVOI_DT[file_CIN RECTO],
      AND(
               ISNOTBLANK([file_CIN RECTO]),
                [Carte identitรฉ RECTO]
              )
        ,true)
      +
      SELECT(ENVOI_DT[file_CIN VERSO],
      AND(
               ISNOTBLANK([file_CIN VERSO]),
                [Carte identitรฉ VERSO]
              )
        ,true)

• โ€ฆ
  • Eventually (almost there!) set 3 actions : โ€œswitch_onโ€ action that sets the โ€œEnvoiDTโ€ value (column B) to 1, โ€œswitch_offโ€ action that sets it to 0, and another one โ€œsendโ€ thatโ€™s a grouped action, with switch on then switch off.

• Last step : workflow based on โ€œButton_send_file_tableโ€, update only, with condition:

AND(
    [EnvoiDT]>0;
    [_THISROW_BEFORE].[EnvoiDT]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[EnvoiDT])

and action : send emailn with Other Attachement (youโ€™ll find it down, down, downโ€ฆ) you set :
[attachmentList]

I hope I explained clearly, let me know if itโ€™s not !

Cheers
Aurelien

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not possible in the main menu.

Correct!

Good idea!

Itโ€™s technically possible, but itโ€™s very complicated.

Top Labels in this Space