how do I add any related information to a det...

how do I add any related information to a detail view ? (in a another section below, as seen in the image)

my app has a collection of owners, each has several projects (the App was made in Spec). at first i could see the

related projects of each owner in the owner_detail view. but once iโ€™ve updated the names of the owner itโ€™s gone.

(I obviously updated the other table as well, were the projects are listed)

0 10 317
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Doron_Assis, Based on my understanding of your information, one thing I request you to verify

that , the reference information between Owner table and Projects table has remained intact, while you were making changes related to owners name.

For example if Owner 1 in Owner table has a key number say O1 and the

column is called Owner ID , then all projects of Owner 1 in Projects table still should have the value of O1 in the referenced column

Owner ID

(key Column referenced from Owner table) of Projects table.

Also in the images you have shared,footer

menus are significantly different between two images.Request you to verify if changes have in anyway impacted reference relationship between Owner and Projects table.

hey Suvrutt,

The only change iโ€™ve made in the tables was changing the ownerโ€™s name. (see image below). I made some changes in the footer menu, but the problem began when i replaced the ownerโ€™s name in the tables.

Hi @Doron_Assis, thank you for your updates.

1. I trust you are referencing the column titled Name from the top (Owner table) to column titled Owner in the bottom table. Can you please confirm?

2. If

response above point is Yes, can you please restore name of first owner back to initial name to say Owner 1 in both the top and bottom table and confirm whether the projects are again referencing back to the owner?

1. Just for better identity purpose ,I suggest that the column Name in top table be renamed Owner and column Name in the bottom table to Project or Project Name

Also you will need to

reference Key of top table into bottom table . Not sure where you are doing that. You mentioned that earlier it worked and hence may we know,how you linked tables earlier?

hey @Suvrutt_Gurjar, thanks for your assistant

so far.

I am referencing the column, see image below

I did, but nothing changed,

see second image below

done (changed the column name to โ€œproject nameโ€)

1. well,

Iโ€™ve made the entire design stage via Spec. once I had my

proper set of connections between the various entities (such as โ€œtasks has many sub tasksโ€ etc ) I pressed โ€œsave and refineโ€. from there I exported all the placeholder data (6 tables of data) to excel,

grouped them all together in single excel file (with a tab for each table, carrying the same name as before) and uploaded the file to google drive.

Then I switched the source path of the tables for the file mentioned above. Untill this point, everything worked just fine. the problem began when I removed some of the owners (the placeholder table had 20 owners, I have only 3) and changed their names.

Well, It worked !

much appreciated !

Thank you @Doron_Assis for your update. Good to know the expressions worked per your needs.

Hi @Doron_Assis,OK ,I think looking at your included image,it looks like , you are referencing Key column from Owner table into Owner column of project table. May I ask you to try the following -

1. Please rename the key column of Owner table something similar to Owner ID, -please assign this column as key column 2) Please rename the Key column of Project table something similar to

Project ID - please assign that column as key column 3) Please include additional column called Owner ID in Project table. Please reference Owner ID column of Owner table into this Owner ID column of Project table 4) Please include formula in column Owner ( better name for this column is Owner Name) as {Owner ID].[Owner] if column name of owner name is [Owner]in project table or

{Owner ID].[Owner Name ] if column name of owner name is [Owner Name]in project table o

Your may find the following useful

Top Labels in this Space