how do I add multiple images to a single reco...

how do I add multiple images to a single record?

for example, my app collects lead information for a swimming pool repair company and I have a single property (single record). the individual record mayr equire 3-10 images of the repair needed. I donโ€™t really want to make 10 extra columns for images in my spreadsheet, so how can i add multiple images in a single image section in the app record

0 5 2,718
5 REPLIES 5

Yes, you will need to make 10 columns in your spreadsheet. Set up a Show_if in each

based on the previous image so you will not have all 10 show up unless they contain images.

Alternatively, you could have a second table for images and link the two tables via references. This would then show related images per record.

@GP_Kriel has the best solution, add an auxiliar table

@Fernando_Lopez

Not so fast, good Sir!

Using a second table would be far slower and more complicated than just adding a few extra columns.

Pool Service Co needs simple and fast.

My JobLog App has 10 before and 10 after Image columns and itโ€™s not cumbersome at all, I even have 10 Trouble Images for when something goes wrong on the Job.

Itโ€™s very fast to catch everything Iโ€™ve ever needed, and has the added bonus of very quickly seeing and relating to/accessing Job Images right along side all other Job data collected.

@Andrew_Vaughan would be wise to set up smart Page Breaks using Show columns in his JobLog to make data entry even faster and more organized.

Another โ€œnot so fast, Sirs!โ€. Stephen is correct but if you normally take only few images, your table โ€œstructureโ€ will be quite empty. If you add photos a lot with the related table, you can set the option re-open ON as well so you donโ€™t need to open the next one manually.

Soโ€ฆ I believe the time difference between these two methods is nowadays very small and you could use which structure is better for your need.

Top Labels in this Space