how do I add up the total of a specific colum...

how do I add up the total of a specific column in my report from google docs? I have a column <>.

I want to add the values of each of those columns in my report.

I am wondering how to get a total sum from each individual <> value.

0 5 644
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Steven_Jeffery could you please add a bit more about the column details?Is [annual tasking time] a column in the appโ€™s back end table with type duration and its sum across all the rows in the table that you wish to add in report template ?

If above understanding is correct, then you can add this column in

another duration type virtual column by using an expression as

SUM(TableName[Annual Tasking Time])

Please revert if you are looking for something else.

I believe Steven needs the SUM directly only in the template and virtual column is not needed. You can calculate it with <<SUM(TableName[Annual Tasking Time])>>

Hi @Aleksi_Alkio, You are right. As usual you have the correct , compact solution.

Thank you both, Aleksi is correct, though I think I can use Suvrutt option also to show the total within the app itself.

Thank you both for the help.

I wish people in the real world were as helpful to one another!

you guys rock!

That worked, though I need to narrow it down.

When I pull a report I am pulling it for a certain company.

I have a related table for the company, which pulls all the pertinent information for that company for an estimate.

I want to total only โ€œAnnual Tasking Timeโ€ for that company.

Aleksi solution worked, though it totaled ALL of the time for every company. Here is the start expression for the related table in my report.

<<Start: [Related Estimates By Company]>><<SUM(Estimate[Total Annual PM Time])>> How do I modify it to only pull for the company I am running report on?

Top Labels in this Space