How do I add weekday before a date. I alread...

How do I add weekday before a date.

I already have the date mm/dd/yyyy column imported from google sheets.

On my Google sheet, i’m able to display the weekday before the date ie: Fri Sep, 9.

How can i get it to display a similar format?

So i have DateTime setup and i’d like to concatenate Weekday before the DateTime so it would look like this:

Sun 9/14/2018 5:00PM or Sun Sep,14 1:40PM .

I don’t really need the Year.

Weekday/Month/Date Time.

Thanks for any suggestions!

0 5 888
5 REPLIES 5

I posted a solution to a related problem here.

https://plus.google.com/+MultitechVisions/posts/dUFVpBF2HkT

@Kirk_Masden

Thanks for the link.

I apologize in advance as I am about as novice as it gets when it comes to programming.

I assume I should be able to copy and paste both “=Concatenated” formulas below in the App Formula field of the new Virtual Column I create?

What do i set as Type?

I will change the [Dated] to the name of the Date column that i have in my spreadsheet.

Is that all i need to change?

Again i apologize for the basic questions.

September 2, 2018 (Sunday)

I concatenated

=concatenate(ifs(MONTH([Dated])=1,“January”,MONTH([Dated])=2,“February”,MONTH([Dated])=3,“March”,MONTH([Dated])=4,“April”,MONTH([Dated])=5,“May”,MONTH([Dated])=6,“June”,MONTH([Dated])=7,“July”,MONTH([Dated])=8,“August”,MONTH([Dated])=9,“September”,MONTH([Dated])=10,“October”,MONTH([Dated])=11,“November”,MONTH([Dated])=12,“December”,)," “,day([Dated]),”, ",year([Dated]))

with

=concatenate([Text date]," (",ifs(WEEKDAY([Dated])=1,“Sunday”,WEEKDAY([Dated])=2,“Monday”,WEEKDAY([Dated])=3,“Tuesday”,WEEKDAY([Dated])=4,“Wednesday”,WEEKDAY([Dated])=5,“Thursday”,WEEKDAY([Dated])=6,“Friday”,WEEKDAY([Dated])=7,“Saturday”),")")

@Austin_Samagam

I think using Switch will be neat

=Concatenate(Switch(Weekday([Dated]),1,"Sunday ",2,"Monday ",3,"Tuesday ",4,"Wednesday ",5,"Thursday ",6,"Friday ",“Saturday “),Switch(MONTH([Dated]), 1, “Jan”, 2, “Feb”, 3, “Mar”, 4, “Apr”, 5, “May”, 6, “Jun”, 7, “Jul”, 8, “Aug”, 9, “Sep”, 10, “Oct”, 11, “Nov”, “Dec”),”,”,Day([Dated]))

@Sdfaheemuddin

thanks for the suggestions.

Should i be pasting this in a new Virtual Column?

Also what should the type be on both the my Date Column as well as the new Virtual Column?

@Austin_Samagam

Probably a Virtual column. Just copy paste this in app formula. Type will be text (that will be selected automatically). PS:- Please be careful with the column name [Dated], you may have different column name

Top Labels in this Space