How do I change the label in edit form for inline entry of related table

Hi all,

I just trying out appsheet for about a week now and learning tons now with all the videos and all the articles.

I have a question that I could not seem to find the answer. When I am entering a data in a form, there are related table inline that can be entered into and there is a label on top of that new entry form " Supporting Doc Entries that reference this entry in Trans_Doc Column" This is not helpful to the user, how can I customize this label?

Thank you

Picture attached.

Solved Solved
0 4 1,301
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In the table column list of the table on which the form you have shared is based will have 3 virtual columns at the bottom of the column list. The names of those columns willbe something like

Related Compnay Addressesโ€ฆ

Related Contact Personsโ€ฆ

Related Bank Detailsโ€ฆ

Please open the settings pane of these columns

Please enter the display name for these columns as you wish in the setting โ€œDisplay Nameโ€ as shown below

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Leo_Hermanto ,

Welcome to the AppSheet community.

Please try setting the display name property in that columnโ€™s setting with the column heading name you want and delete the text ( if you want) in the description property of that columnโ€™ settings.

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar

I tried and it doesnโ€™t work. I was trying to add data and realized that apparently it also happened in the form that has ref from another table. how do I change these long descriptions, Seems like I cannot find where to change these labels.

In the table column list of the table on which the form you have shared is based will have 3 virtual columns at the bottom of the column list. The names of those columns willbe something like

Related Compnay Addressesโ€ฆ

Related Contact Personsโ€ฆ

Related Bank Detailsโ€ฆ

Please open the settings pane of these columns

Please enter the display name for these columns as you wish in the setting โ€œDisplay Nameโ€ as shown below

@Suvrutt_Gurjar

Thank you very much, this solve the issues.

Top Labels in this Space