How do I display an inline action and the con...

Adrian_Enz
Participant V

How do I display an inline action and the content of a column in a table view?

When I put the action to a column, the column disappears in inline views and tables.

Thanks in advance.

0 6 1,939
  • UX
6 REPLIES 6

Maybe someone else has a better suggestionโ€ฆ I create a virtual column that I call VC_inline_anchor and I tie my actions to that, and then show that in the inline table viewโ€ฆ This also letโ€™s you order it wherever you wantโ€ฆ And, I just set the app formula to =""

Adrian_Enz
Participant V

Thx for the response. It works with normal actions. When I have a โ€œgo to another view within this appโ€ I can only attach it to a column where it is referenced in the LINKTOFORM function. Well I can choose other columns to attach it to, but on every save it retourns back.

@Adrian_Enz

Maybe @Adam_Stone_AppSheet has some input on whether or not this is intended.

Aaron_Blau
Participant III

@Grant_Stead

I see Adam never replied to this thread and I canโ€™t tag him, has there been any resolution to this besides your workaround? It seems pretty silly to have the option to attach to an applicable column but that causes the column to disappear, I canโ€™t imagine that is the intended result. If it is why not have a check box that just creates the virtual column for you?

Come to find out, it IS the intended behaviorโ€ฆ i.e. a phone number turns into a phone icon actionโ€ฆ

I also use the workaround Grant uses.
Or you can attach it to an existing column that you donโ€™t have to show in the table view. Because it will dissapear.
For example the [Key] column. So you donโ€™t have to create an extra Virtual Column.

Top Labels in this Space