How do I effectively "turn off" an app that I...

How do I effectively “turn off” an app that I no longer need to use so that it no longer consumes one of my paid licences?

If I move it from “deployed” to “prototype” I receive an email informing me that there are too many users and need to move it to “deployed”

If it merely “pause” the app, it is still consuming a licence.

So how do I turn off or archive an app that is no longer active but which I would still like to keep as a reference in my account without consuming a licence?

0 5 492
5 REPLIES 5

Remove users?

I believe paused apps do not consume licenses. If this is not what you observe, please let me know. @Aleksi_Alkio FYI.

After 30 days (which is the window that we use to measure users), you can also move it to Prototype mode and you won’t get warnings about having too many users.

@praveen Thank you for your response.

A few follow-up remarks.

Regarding users and 30 day window:

No one has used the app since the end of November and yet I still received the email warning.

I have paused the apps I no longer need, but there doesn’t seem to be any way to determine how many licenses are needed on my account – other than waiting until the next billing cycle to see if I am still being charged for the paused apps or not.

Or is there some page I can view on your site that gives me this information?

Yes, on the account page, right at the top, there is a User Activity button that will show you exactly who the users are, which apps they are using, etc. That is the data used for our alerting system.

Also,

I think you may have misunderstood how we bill. In every billing cycle we charge you exactly what you have told us to charge you via the Billing pane. We do not automatically increase or decrease the charges. You are in total control of what you get charged. Our system will monitor usage and alert you if your usage exceeds what you have set up in terms of licenses.

With a quick look at your account, it appears that more than 400 users have used your MOHS Y2 app in January of this year.

@praveen Thank you for your last response.

That clears things up for me.

Much appreciated.

So far, so good.

No warning messages regarding paused apps.

Top Labels in this Space