How do I get a timestamp to display in a colu...

How do I get a timestamp to display in a column, when a certain word is in the [STATUS] column?

I have a [STATUS] column and a [ARRIVAL] column. When the word “ON SITE” is chosen in the [STATUS] column, I want a timestamp automatically displayed in the [ARRIVAL] column. Any ideas?

Thanks

0 8 2,216
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

You can use ChangeTimestamp field instead or Datetime. Please read more about it from this document… help.appsheet.com - Tracking Changes Using ‘Change’ Column Types Tracking Changes Using ‘Change’ Column Types help.appsheet.com

Not sure if I’m overlooking something, but I’ve changed the [ARRIVAL] column to a ‘changeTimestamp’ and have entered these options(SEE BELOW)…and I get nothing when the status is changed to ON SITE.[ARRIVAL] is visible in both slice and view, and no timestamps are being recorded.

I see if I have timestamps in the gSheet then it changes them (hence the name chageTimestamp… it’s been a long day…), but is there anyway to have AppSheet insert the 1 time only Timestamp?

I do not want to have a random timestamp in the column if at all possible. I would like the [ARRIVAL] column to be empty, and then when “ON SITE” is chosen in the [STATUS] column, it inserts a single timestamp that remains the same time throughout the history of the record. Possible?

Seems to me it would be a good feature to be able to set the initial value using an action. Maybe this is already on the ask list.

@praveen

You can create an action button which will write that value “ON SITE”. When the value is that, you can hide that action button and you can’t add that value anymore. Would that solve your case?

Yes, that sounds like it should work. I have an action button already created for ON SITE, and another one for LOADED. Both of which need to function the same.

@Aleksi_Alkio I have both On Site and Loaded actions created but am still struggling with the timestamp portion. Your suggestion sounds like it’s exactly what I’m looking to do. Do you know how I can use the actions to input a single timestamp, and when the words “On Site” is in the [STATUS] column, the action is hidden?

Write a datetime value into a column with the expression NOW(). You can hide the action button with the expression NOT([STATUS]=“On Site”).

Top Labels in this Space