How do i get rid of these warnings? I've unc...

How do i get rid of these warnings?

I’ve unchecked read only and they keep getting reset.

The initial value is set to unique…

And please don’t post a link to the documentation for primary key because I’ve read it, re-read it and still don’t understand.

0 14 1,004
14 REPLIES 14

#ERROR!

Also ensure that your data itself in the column is unique and there are no blanks

@Tammi_Canelli let’s shoot for Friday. 10am Central, is ideal.

I’ve been enjoying Discord for screen share, but we can also just use Hangouts…

I’d expect to see that warning only if the Key column ‘RegId’ had been marked as ReadOnly.

If it isn’t marked as readonly, you shouldn’t see the warning.

Also, I’m still available for a screen share session… I don’t charge for education. LOL

Tammi, warnings don’t usually prevent you from continuing with your app.

Just open them and they

will disappear.

You have marked the key column as read only. The editor is removing this option. The Read_Only would be okay if your table is just Read_Only. Because it’s not, your key column can’t be Read_Only because then you can’t add a new record.

Does this imply formulas must be in Data → Column → Formula and not is spreadsheet?

(kinda makes sense)

Generally speaking, your goal should be for your app to do as much of the processing as possible, and to avoid spreadsheet formulas as much as possible.

Actually I’ve unchecked the read only column each time the warning pops up and it just keeps resetting itself.

Grant, yes the uniqueid is set to the initial.

This particular app has just 3 tables.

The main registry table where I have a RegID that is the key.

This field has an auto-number from Smartsheet.

I set the initial value to unique and said editable if regid is blank.

Then i have a check in/out table that references the registry through the regID and has an ID field as key - the ID field is set to unique in initial value.

The 3rd table is just totals for charting - i have no errors or warnings on that one.

And yes Grant I would LOVE a screen share session!

I’m working on documenting what i’ve done so far and want to gather some specific questions for you.

How flexible is your schedule?

@Tammi_Canelli are your app and sheet formula fields blank in that column?

@Tammi_Canelli I’m usually free from 10am to 2pm Central Time. Feel free to shoot me an email grantstead@steadglobal.com

I think a quick run through on some key database design elements would really set you in the right direction. You know what they say, learn the rules so you can break them.

I’m free tomorrow until 1pm or Friday until 2pm (eastern time).

I can send you a calendar appt if either of these days work.

What program do you use to do the screen share?

Want to make sure it’s not blocked on my end.

Top Labels in this Space