How do I get the fileName or docID of the arc...

How do I get the fileName or docID of the archived PDFs from a workflow rule which creates an email PDF attachment for every new order?

(Note: the archived PDFs are in the attachments folder.) Iโ€™m guessing there must be a sequential generation of fileNames for the PDFs.

The intention is to provide the user to be able to view the PDF for each order through the App on a mobile device through an Action, if need be.

Thanks in advance.

1 18 848
18 REPLIES 18

Yeapโ€ฆ thatโ€™s one workaround.

Check this older postโ€ฆ plus.google.com - Hi, I have created a report (by workflow, sending to my email when the conditโ€ฆ Hi, I have created a report (by workflow, sending to my email when the conditโ€ฆ plus.google.com

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for the prompt response. Have checked the older post and found your instructions as below:

=CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",โ€œYourAppName-YourAccountIDnumberโ€,"&tabl...โ€,[PdfColumnName])

Iโ€™m stuck at creating the file path. Not sure how to assign/or where to get PdfColumnName.

The column name is the file column name what you are using in your table.

@Aleksi_Alkio Sorry if I am not explaining clearly. Iโ€™d like to be able to let the user view the archived PDFs created by the email workflow rule. I do not have a column for the file names. The name is auto-generated partly with the name from the workflow and then with the date and time. I do not have control over the generation of the archived PDFs. However, I was wondering if there is a way to locate which PDF corresponds to which row, so the same can be provided for the user in the app the view.

My issue is similar to Grantโ€™s issue in this post: plus.google.com - New Feature Friday! This is a packed one. 10 new releases this week, share wโ€ฆ New Feature Friday! This is a packed one. 10 new releases this week, share wโ€ฆ plus.google.com

Aaaโ€ฆ sorry I misunderstood your request. Iโ€™m afraid that should not be possible at this moment because we donโ€™t know the file name before the workflow is triggered.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for your response. I was wondering if it would be possible to access this variable and store it in a column: _ATTACHMENTFILENAME (as described further in this article:

help.appsheet.com - Sending Email from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report Sending Email from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report help.appsheet.com

Iโ€™m afraid that wonโ€™t work either because of the same timing reason.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks for your prompt responses. As I donโ€™t want to be generating PDFs through third-party addons, the workaround I have resorted to achieve what I want, is to have IFTTT get the attachment from gmail and store it in Google Drive - so I know the location and file name - for me to display to the user.

Check this older postโ€ฆ plus.google.com - Hi, I have created a report (by workflow, sending to my email when the conditโ€ฆ Hi, I have created a report (by workflow, sending to my email when the conditโ€ฆ plus.google.com

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for the prompt response. Have checked the older post and found your instructions as below:

=CONCATENATE(โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=",โ€œYourAppName-YourAccountIDnumberโ€,"&tabl...โ€,[PdfColumnName])

Iโ€™m stuck at creating the file path. Not sure how to assign/or where to get PdfColumnName.

The column name is the file column name what you are using in your table.

@Aleksi_Alkio Sorry if I am not explaining clearly. Iโ€™d like to be able to let the user view the archived PDFs created by the email workflow rule. I do not have a column for the file names. The name is auto-generated partly with the name from the workflow and then with the date and time. I do not have control over the generation of the archived PDFs. However, I was wondering if there is a way to locate which PDF corresponds to which row, so the same can be provided for the user in the app the view.

My issue is similar to Grantโ€™s issue in this post: plus.google.com - New Feature Friday! This is a packed one. 10 new releases this week, share wโ€ฆ New Feature Friday! This is a packed one. 10 new releases this week, share wโ€ฆ plus.google.com

Aaaโ€ฆ sorry I misunderstood your request. Iโ€™m afraid that should not be possible at this moment because we donโ€™t know the file name before the workflow is triggered.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thank you for your response. I was wondering if it would be possible to access this variable and store it in a column: _ATTACHMENTFILENAME (as described further in this article:

help.appsheet.com - Sending Email from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report Sending Email from a Workflow Rule or Scheduled Report help.appsheet.com

Iโ€™m afraid that wonโ€™t work either because of the same timing reason.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks for your prompt responses. As I donโ€™t want to be generating PDFs through third-party addons, the workaround I have resorted to achieve what I want, is to have IFTTT get the attachment from gmail and store it in Google Drive - so I know the location and file name - for me to display to the user.

Yeapโ€ฆ thatโ€™s one workaround.

Top Labels in this Space