How do I move multiple referenced items to a new table in one expression/Automation/action?

Hello,

If I have 6 tables: Project, Subtasks, Notes, ArchivedProjects, ArchivedTasks, ArchivedNotes

I have a button/action/automation that if you click on a specific project, then click “Archive Project” it copies the row to Archivedprojects and Deletes it from Project.

Is there a way for it to also move the related tasks, and notes to the respected tables?

0 2 120
2 REPLIES 2

Hi!

Are you talking about CASCADE DOWN type of thing those are available in RDBMS?

Not automatically. You will need to create a set of Actions to perform the moves.

However, if you have established the correct relationships, you should see the lists [Related Subtasks] and [Related Notes] columns. You would simply pass these to an action of type “execute an action on a set of rows” (one for each list). The referenced action would perform the actual “move” operation.

For deleting, if your relationships are Parent/Child relationships (i.e. you used the “IsPartOf” column setting), then you will only need to delete the Project row. The child rows from the other tables will be automatically deleted…the “CASCADE DOWN type thing” that @shahappsheet mentions.

If any of this is unfamiliar to you, let us know and we can point you to articles to give more details.

Top Labels in this Space