How do I prevent private data like credit car...

How do I prevent private data like credit card numbers from being saved to a spreadsheet?

I’m creating a form that will be used to accept credit card payments via Stripe. I’ll be using the webhook integration with Stripe via Zapier, which seems pretty straightforward (thanks for the great documentation on that!), but how did I prevent the credit card number from being saved to the spreadsheet after I’ve zapped it to Stripe? I can write an action that deletes it after the zap; is that the only way to do this?

I have a feeling I’m missing something glaringly obvious here…

Thanks!

0 3 350
3 REPLIES 3

I am afraid that is a limitation with that approach. You can overcome the limitation by using google apps script and the HTMLService API to send the info to Stripe without saving it in the sheet.

Thanks @Bellave_Jayaram! I honestly don’t want to have to mess with maintaining code outside AppSheet at this point (the Google Sheets script would be invoked outside the app, right?)

Clearing that field using an action should work though, shouldn’t it?ok, so it would be a hack, but if it works…

Yes, you can clear the field using an action.

Top Labels in this Space