How do I request that the user activate the l...

How do I request that the user activate the location before using the app?

0 5 441
5 REPLIES 5

@wanderson_guilherme you canโ€™t control mobile device accelerometers like GPS. Even if you have it, there are a lot of native apps which can create fake GPS locations.

yes but I want to make a notification appear asking you to activate the location of your device, is it possible?

@wanderson_guilherme You can do this: 1.) Construct a simple table and name it like NOTICE with only 1 column and 2 rows, including the header. Name the column as INFO/NOTICE/IMPORTANT whatever you like. 2.) Bring this table to AppSheet and set this column as Show type and set its Category as text 3.) Create a Virtual column, name it as DISTANCE and set this AppFormula: =DISTANCE(HERE(), LATLONG(0.00, 0.00) 4.) Open your NOTICE column and type this expression to Show_if property =[DISTANCE]=0.00 5.) In the Content property of the same column, type a message to show i.e. โ€œYour Device Location is turned off. Please turn it onโ€ etc. 6.) Construct a UX view; Detail type and display mode as Ref type and choose your NOTICE column in Column Order property. If you want to add any color or appearance to the info text, you can add a Formatting Rule as well. Give this view a proper name. 7.) Go to UX >> Options and enable expression toggle in the Starting view option. Set below expression: IFS(ANY(SELECT(NoticeTableName[Distance],TRUE))=0.00,LINKTOVIEW(โ€œNoticeDetailViewNameโ€),TRUE,LINKTOVIEW(โ€œAnotherViewNameToShowโ€))

Thank you very much, it was a great help.

@wanderson_guilherme youโ€™re welcomeโ€ฆGlad to be helped of

Top Labels in this Space