How do I Set a Default Field Value for a New ...

How do I Set a Default Field Value for a New record Related to Another Table?

I have 3 tables (1) Property, (2) PropertyRooms and (3) QuickInspections. “PropertyRooms” is referenced to “Property” by a field called [PropertyID] and “QuickInspections” has two referenced fields [PropertyID] and [PropertyRoomsID].

I am using a gallery view of properties so that when user selects property it then displays a gallery view of rooms for that property, so far so good.

The problem I have is I then want to be able to select a room from this second gallery view and add a “QuickInspection” record for that particular property and room. Whilst I can redirect to a new view to add a “QuickInspection” record I cannot work out how to default the [PropertyID] and [PropertyRoomsID] fields in the new record to values that correspond to the room selected. The fields display but currently have to select the relevant property and room.

Put simply if the room selected has a [PropertyID] = 37 and “PropertyRoomsID” = ZXSWEC how do I tell Appsheet these are the values for the corresponding fields in the new record that I am adding. To date I have tried various formulae in the Initial Value and Valid_if definitions but all to no avail.

Be very grateful if anyone could offer assistance with this.

0 2 945
2 REPLIES 2

tony1

@StudentHomes_Plymout Check out LINKTOFORM: appsheet.com - Linktoform Example - This app shows how to link to a form and fill in default values Linktoform Example - This app shows how to link to a form and fill in default values appsheet.com

Thank you @tony I will take a look.

Top Labels in this Space