How filter enumlist

Bronze 3
Bronze 3

I am still confuse about comparing the value

I have 2 table

• student list

• class list (students who previously attended the class)
    3X_c_8_c80b8c47a056b14c493316028d3279a1397c2a27.jpeg

When I want to start a makeup class,
I trying to get the enumlist to show only student who have contact detail and never attend this lesson before

I stuck โ€ฆ

SELECT(Student_list[Students],
AND([Contact] = โ€œYesโ€, โ€ฆ

Solved Solved
0 11 235
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you. Please try

SELECT(Student_list[Students], [Contact] = โ€œYesโ€) - SPLIT(SELECT(class_list[Students], [Class]=[_THISROW].[Class]) , โ€œ,โ€)

**Edit:**Corrected the error in expression.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Please try

SELECT(Student_list[Students], [Contact] = โ€œYesโ€) - SPLIT(class_list[Students] , " , ")

Bronze 3
Bronze 3

@Suvrutt_Gurjar

it show all the student in the student list (including those attended before)

Please share the screenshot of expression and the associated test result from test pane.

Also please try

SELECT(Student_list[Students], [Contact] = โ€œYesโ€) - SPLIT(UNIQUE(class_list[Students]) , " , ")

Also there are some students like A3, A7 who are with [Contact] as โ€œNoโ€ in โ€œStudent_listโ€ but still apears in Class list in [Student] enumlist in the example shown by you. Please elaborate exact condition you are trying to achieve.

Bronze 3
Bronze 3

@Suvrutt_Gurjar

Sorry for the wrong example, the image was I try to do recording without using formula. Thatโ€™s why there are error that make me want to use formula to avoid.

What I mean was,
There are 20 students

lets say 7 of them attended my Math class.

The next time I want to start a make up class for the same Math class again, I will only able to pick from the 13 who have contact in the record.

Thank you for the corrections. Could you also update if you want to still check the [Contact] status also for the [Student] from Student_list table?

Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Example

Students_list

Class_list
3X_e_a_ea271144438070f7bd6fb645dc805b81c953561a.jpeg

I want to achieve, when I choose Math again, the enumlist should not be showing those attended Math before

Student should not appear : A1 , A4 , A5 , A6 , A12 , A13 , A14

Thank you. Please try

SELECT(Student_list[Students], [Contact] = โ€œYesโ€) - SPLIT(SELECT(class_list[Students], [Class]=[_THISROW].[Class]) , โ€œ,โ€)

**Edit:**Corrected the error in expression.

Sorry. There was a minor error of missing equality operator in the expression. I have corrected it. Please try the revised expression in the earlier post.

Bronze 3
Bronze 3

@Suvrutt_Gurjar

COOL !!!
U save my day โ€ฆ Thanks !!!

Top Labels in this Space