How I can do the similar functionality in AppSheet as in GoogleSheets

Hello Everyone.

How I can do the similar functionality in AppSheet as in GoogleSheets -=IMPORTXML(“http://www.cbr.ru/scripts/XML_daily.asp?", “//ValCurs/Valute[CharCode=”“USD””]/Value")
or = GoogleFinance(“Currency:USDRUB”)
The idea is to use 2 currencies and second one should be calculated based on current currency rate.

0 5 1,442
5 REPLIES 5

Create a RATE table with 2 column and 2 rows (Col#1 being the ID i.e. USDRUB and Col#2 is RATE, Row#1 being the header and Row#2 being the Google Finance formula). Import this table to your app and disable ADDS, EDIT and DELETE system actions for this table explicitly. Do not make it READ_ONLY, just disable the system actions!
You can then simply use a LOOKUP(…) expresion to fetch that rate value in whatever calculations you need to make.

Hello Levent

Thanks for your post

Just tried to respond with more questions and screenshots but the the email come back with eror

Reason:

Sorry, new users can only put one embedded media item in a post.

If you can correct the problem, please try again.

I tried to follow your instructions and I did something similar except “disable ADDS, EDIT and DELETE system actions for this table explicitly.”

I want to see the formula in column “RUB” which will calculate the current RUB currency rate so the value will be updated with the actual rate always.
If there is no formula in the google sheet then it will be updated when I open the mobile app only.

If I use any formula here (below) then the “PRODUCT” table column “RUB” does not have a formula, just a fixed value.

I got an issue with the LOOKUP expression as well. Could you please give an example for my particular case?
Just cannot understand yet how it all works.

@Alexis_Shimin
Please check it out from my Community Sample App. Just click on your name from the Deck View.

Hello Levent.
By this link I can see just result. How it is done?
And I think this is done in AppSheet .
I want to insert the formula by AppSheet to GoogleSheet (to Database, not to App).
Every time when I add a new item into App I want add formula into the GoogleSheet cell automatically by App.
The “USD” collomn will be just constant but “RUB” collomn should be a formula
“= GoogleFinance(“Currency:USDRUB”)*J2” where J2 is the cell with USD value. So I can see the correct actual value directly in GoogleSheet.

If I put any formula to App as in pic I sent in previous email then it will set in GoogleSheet the result of this formula instead of formula itself.

Sorry, it is not easy for me to explain my wishes without screenshots.

@Alexis_Shimin
You are free to copy this app from my portfolio here > https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/245151. App Name is: Community Samples

Top Labels in this Space