How many licences..?

Hello all…

I have a question regarding licences (Appsheet dot com). I just want to try to understand who/what is considered a “user”. I have one licence from Appsheet dot com but it appears that I can send the app to other people (by email invite link - it is a private app) and they can use it.

So does the “user” (from a licencing point of view) just refer to the “developer” (me in this case). Are people who consume the app considered “users” for licencing purposes…?

Thanks,

RoryF

Solved Solved
1 7 256
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Rory_Forde,

This article below should give a pretty great rundown on what is considered a user for you.

Article: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2382138-users-the-essentials

Have a good one!
Cale

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hey Rory_Forde,

This article below should give a pretty great rundown on what is considered a user for you.

Article: https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2382138-users-the-essentials

Have a good one!
Cale

Thanks Cale…

I think that explains it well - and also explains how I was able to share an app to 3 others without the apparent need for more licences… I guess I will need to consider it a little bit more.

As a follow up… if I run out of licences would I get an email or some notice from Appsheet to say I need more licences…?

Regards,

RoryF

I will answer this one myself - got an email this morning…

AFAIK a user is someone logging into the App via a brower or an installed App

What you do in the definion doesn’t count. But if you install the App on your phone, even if you use the same email as your appsheet account, this counts as one user.

Thanks for the reply Simon…

If I understand that properly it is the number of users in the Appsheet.com account - not the number of users who consume the app?

Regards,

RoryF

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Just in case you are interested in such a feature…

@1minManager @QREW_Cale

Top Labels in this Space